|Black Household Mold Causes Family Evacuation
A family of six was forced to evacuate their rental home Tuesday after they discovered
that it was full of black household mold.
Jerry and Stacy Laughman had lived in the rental home along with their four children for
the past seven months.
The situation has prompted the family to question their health and their insurance policy.
The Laughman family has been plagued with respiratory and rash problems during their stay
in the rental home.
"I can't believe I'm breathing this," said Jerry. "Some parts are really
black. Some parts are green, some parts crawl."
The Laughmans discovered the problem in late December. The landlord did not check the
problem until last week.
Products and clean up the black mold in your home. Don't live with
this problem anymore. Order
View a list
of all our house mold removal products
"They took a picture and left, and then four days later we got a phone call saying we
need to get out of the house right now," said Stacy.
The Laughmans now think the household
black mold may have been responsible for the multiple
respiratory, rash and flu problems that have plagued the family for the seven months they
The family moved from a hotel to a condo Tuesday night with very
few of their
"We don't want to bring our furniture or clothes here," said Jerry. "We
feel like they need to be cleaned or burned or something."
When Jerry checked his renter's policy he found that he was not covered for
this kind of loss or claim.
After Call For Action contacted Nationwide, the company offered to help the family by
paying for two weeks of additional living expenses if this problem proves to be dangerous.
The spores from the Laughman's rental home
are being analyzed to see how harmful they are. The
analysis will help doctors see if the household mold was the source of the Laughman's health
ozone generators work? Learn how
Ionizer Classic Industrial